I heard this song on CBeebies the other day, and cheesy though it is it made me grin from ear to ear.
Autumn is, without doubt, my favourite season. I challenge you to find me a person who doesn’t enjoy the colors of autumn leaves. The changing foliage never fails to surprise and delight me. Then there’s the nights that draw in, getting gradually darker and darker. Don’t get me wrong, I love to sit out of a summer evening but I love snuggling under a blanket with a hot chocolate and my husband once Littlebit is in bed more.
In fact, here’s my list of why Autumn wins hands down in the season stakes:
- The colours, ever changing and oh so beautiful.
- Getting the blankets down from the attic ready for evenings in.
- Thanksgiving. We celebrate it every year and this year will be no different.
- Pumpkins. Although we don’t partake in Halloween, I can’t think of anything worse personally, I do love adorning the house with pumpkins and autumn / fall attire. This year I’m planning something like this <<
- The cooler weather, means all the big thick jumpers can come out for me and the tights and skirts / shorts for Littlebit.
- Casseroles and roast dinners.
- Leaf printing / painting and collages.
- Christmas preparations and freezer stocking.
- Stamping on crunchy leaves.
- Piles of leaves to play in.
- Mulled cider.
- Hot chocolate.
- Hot water bottles / wheat bags. This is my fab new one << bought a couple of weeks ago from Boots. It just makes me want to turn the heating off and hug it.
- Hats, scarves and gloves.
- The start of the frosty and dewy mornings.
- Crumbles and pies.
- It’s comfortable and comforting.