It’s WORLD PREMATURITY DAY!
15 million babies are born prematurely every year. 1 million of these do not make it to their 1st birthday.
Premature birth KILLS one baby every 30 seconds! These statistics are SHOCKING! The even more shocking fact is that a number of these deaths are preventable. More newborns die from premature birth than from any other cost. Yet, 75% of these deaths can be preventable, even without intensive care.
If you’re reading this post I need you to do at least one of the following things for me. If you could do more that would be brilliant, but one will help and will only take you 30 seconds, remember that 30 seconds I mentioned above? Do one of these things:
1. Share this post with your Facebook friends
2. Share the World Prematurity Day Page with your Facebook friends
3. Tweet about preemies using the hashtag #WorldPrematurityDay and share the WPD Facebook page
4. Join the @Blisscharity Twitter party today at 1pm
5. Share some of the photos from my Pinterest board or your own photos on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, anywhere you can
6. If you have a preemie yourself then share their story here
8. Look through the work of Little Big Souls working for all premature babies in Africa and share their work or sponsor one of their preemies
9. Share this infographic >>
10. Change your Facebook cover image to this one for the day
11. If you have your own website or blog then add a badge or banner for the day
PLEASE DO JUST ONE THING to get the word out!
If you want to know more about World Prematurity Day here’s a round up of all Mummypinkwellies posts for you to read to get up to speed:
- Saturday is Caption Day WPD1
- WPD What Will You Do?
- Saturday is Caption Day WPD2
- Pass on the Love
- WPD How Can I Help?
- Saturday is Caption Day WPD3
- The Pipes are Clear
- Sharla’s Preemie Twins
- Lynsey and J1′s Story
- Saturday is Caption Day WPD4
- Susanne’s Story
- Homecoming Anniversary
- 24weekers Jack’s Story
- Caroline and Sam’s Story
- The Joy of Being Littlebit’s Godmother – Amy’s Story
- But I Don’t Have a Premature Baby So Why Would I Bother?
- What If?
- 1 Baby Every 30 Seconds Guest Post on Not Even a Bag of Sugar
- Littlebit’s Birth Story Guest Post on Babyhuddle Blog