Littlebit will be spending the morning with Daddy – for some quality time on a Daddy Daughter day while Mummy runs around like a mad-head preparing for the 48 mouths I’ll have to feed over the coming week!
Then when Littlebit wakes from her nap we’ll bake cranberry, white chocolate and macadamia nut cookies (Santa’s favourite) to leave ready for Santa when we go to bed.
The parcel that arrived this morning clearly says “open at 6’o’clock and not before” though Mummy was very clever and managed to capture some pictures of what is inside before Elden wrapped it.
This is a new tradition we’re starting in our house this year. Each Christmas eve Elden will bring a hamper for Littlebit. This year it has:
- New Christmassy PJ’s for Littlebit (and some for Mummy)
- New slippers
- A magic key to leave for Santa as we don’t have a chimney for him to come down
- A Christmassy DVD – this year it’s CBeebies Christmas special
- Hot chocolate spoons for the three of us and Littlebit’s Auntie Amy and Uncle Mark who will be joining us for the evening
- A selection box to eat while watching the DVD
- Popcorn to do the same with
- A bedtime story – The Night Before Christmas which comes with an audio CD too
There’s also some reindeer food with it with a note that says:
Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
As Santa’s reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home
I’m hoping this will become a lasting tradition that keeps Littlebit entertained when she’s driving me insane with “When’s he coming?” “Has he been yet?” “What time is it?” I;m hopeful it will make her smile and prolong the excitement that comes with Christmas Eve making it an even more memorable time. There will be different bits put into the hamper each year to make it a bit unpredictable but still remaining a tradition. Do you have any ideas for what we could add next year?
Just before bed we’ll put out the “Santa please stop here” sign up, leave the magic key by the front door and leave the cookies and a glass of milk for Santa and a carrot for Rudolf.
See you on the other side and wishing you a VERY happy Christmas from Mummypinkwellies, Daddypinkwellies and Littlebit xxx