Now and then my heart swells with pride for this little parent blogger community I am part of. This happens for lots of reasons but today it’s because right now, as I write this, Annie from Mammasaurus, Tanya from Mummy Barrow and Penny from Alexander Residence are on a plane heading for Ghana with Comic Relief, Jonathan Ross and Davina McCall. They are going to help Comic Relief celebrate their 25th anniversary. This is just awesomely amazing. Normal mums, mums that I speak to on a fairly regular basis on social media are going out there to share the good work that Comic Relief have done in Ghana in the last 25 years.
Here they all are, a motley crew no?
They are aptly called Team Honk. Team Honk are going to be visiting four different projects while they are out in Ghana – a woman’s bakery, a school, a vaccination clinic and a health project. What an totally fantastic thing to be able to do. I wish you luck and love.
If you’d like to help support Team Honk, there are a few things you can do:
- If you blog, sign up for a digital postcard from one of the four projects. This will be in the form of a photograph, taken by the team, with a personal message to be published on your blog on either the Monday the 4th or Tuesday the 5th February. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the project you’d like to hear about.
- Link up your blog post with the blog hop on the Team Honk site.
- Write about Team Honk on your own blog, like and share the love.
- If you’re not a blogger you can still tweet about #TeamHonk using the hashtag #GoodWork.
- Join in the Brit Mums Twitter party on Tues 5th at 11am #GoodWork
- Visit the Team Honk site to download a badge for your own site.
- Visit the Team Honk site and have a read about the projects they’ll be visiting and share the #GoodWork with friends and family.
I, for one, am so proud to these three gorgeous ladies and their work for Team Honk and Comic Relief. Proud to be part of this community.