It’s great getting stuck into some craft activities for special occasions. I bought some cheap craft packs from Amazon the other day and Littlebit and I got started yesterday. We made an Easter crown and Easter cards for our nearest and dearest.
We spent a good 2 hours on these activities and we were thrilled with the results.
Next week we plan to:
- Bake some creme egg brownies (see below) and mini egg cookies (again see below) and make Easter nest cakes – all for the lovely people at Daddy’s work (and some for home and our Easter visitors of course).
- Colour in our fab Easter tablecloth purchased from a cute new local shop ‘Folly Home’ which I think is going to become a regular haunt for me. I’ve already pinned loads of things from them onto my various Pinterest boards.
- Make a chocolate Easter house for Easter day, which also happens to be my birthday this year, complete with Easter bunnies, creme egg chicks and Curly Wurly picket fencing.
- Make some Spring window decorations ready for when the sun is back.
- Make Easter finger puppets to adorn our Easter buffet table.
- Start some gardening for this year – I think Littlebit will really be able to get involved this year so we’re going to try growing some plants from seed.
- Have breakfast with the Easter bunny at our local garden centre.
- Fit in a couple of play dates.
Busy times. But now Littlebit is at Playschool for 2 days a week she is even more eager to be entertained when she is at home with me so… needs must. Secretly I do love it too, it’s one of my favourite things about being her Mama!
Most of these ideas can be found on my Easter Pinterest board below:
What do you have planned for the Easter break?