I was nominated by the lovely Beadzoid for the Liebster award. This is what I must do…
- Link back to the blog that nominated me – done!
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that have less than 200 followers
- Answer all questions posted by the nominator
- Share 11 random facts about myself
- Create 11 questions for my nominees
- Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them
Beadzoid’s 11 questions for me:
1. They call gin ‘Mother’s Little Helper’. What’s your little helper? Any form of alcohol. I’m not fussy! G&T, Pimms, Amaretto drunk straight over ice, a large glass of Rose. You name it I’ll drink it, apart from beer. Bleugh!
2. What kind of school child/student were you? Have you changed much? I was the one always starting the trouble but never getting the blame for it. Clever eh? I was always the teachers favourite, though I never tried to be, which is probably why I never got the blame. Have I changed much? Probably not no!
3. What was your biggest parenting ‘mistake’, to date? Oh there’s so very many. My latest was threatening Littlebit that if she didn’t start to behave I would leave her at the Garden Centre where we had just played on the fabbest park ever and had a scrummy lunch. Of course this is exactly what she wanted so all the way home the tantrum ensued with addest wails of “but you said you leave me there Mama. I want you to leave me there!” Epic fail!
4. What’s the most rebellious act you’ve ever committed? Probably when I went Cow Tipping in my youth. Not something I’m particularly proud of. It’s so cruel and dangerous, I don’t know what I was thinking!
5. If you became a millionaire tomorrow, what would be the first (selfish) thing you would do (i.e. not pay off the mortgage or buy your kids / husbands / parents / pets stuff)? Book a flight to New York and shop until I dropped with a girl friend.
6. Do you have a phobia? If so, what? Vomit. Other people’s. Makes me feel sick thinking about someone vomming!
7. Do you have a favourite band / musician? Lots. At the moment I’m listening to a lot of Bon Jovi, but 30 Seconds to Mars, Paramore, Fall Out Boy, The Foo Fighters and Nickelback are top of the list.
8. Describe your perfect afternoon. A picnic in a beautiful location, scrummy food, eaten from my collection of picnic wares, sunshine but not too hot, a perfectly behaved child who will play creatively on her own whilst our picnic settles, Pimms, a play park where everything is just the right size for Littlebit, a lazy afternoon playing and lolling about on a picnic blanket and watching my girl and her Daddy play.
9. Who is your celebrity crush? Not got one? You got Google, go get one and spill! Russell Brand, phwoar!!!!
10. What is your favourite naughty treat? Chocolate cake, sponge cake, lemon cake, just cake, cake, CAAAAAKE!
11. What’s the most useless piece of life advice you’ve ever been given? That you should give people lots of chances. I’ve learnt the hard way that some people, unfortunately, simply don’t deserve the 3rd, 4th, 5th… chance!
So, to 11 random facts about me, um, this is a hard one…
1. I’m doing an OU Course in Book-keeping. Learning a lot about double entry at the moment, ahem!
2. I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Pinterest.
3. Unlike a lot of preemie parents I don’t resent that Littlebit was born prematurely. She was way better off out than in, and knowing what I know now, that is that she is healthy and happy and not affected by anything major due to her prematurity (I’m sure it would be a different story if she were). For me Littlebit’s early start has opened doorways to new friendships, new hobbies and a whole online world I would have never know about otherwise.
4. I find it really hard to think of 11 random facts, and I’m only at number 4!
5. I love nothing more than entertaining people, having a house full of friends and family. It’s just my thing!
6. I have enough mis-matched china and cake stands to cater an afternoon tea for 26 people!!! I counted it all the other day when we held a tea party for some old lady friends. When am I ever going to have 26 guests for afternoon tea?
7. I HATE cleaning, with a passion. I’d rather go out and earn the money to pay someone else to clean my house than have to do it myself.
8. I used to think that money was everything. But I now know that I’d rather be broke and happy than rich, because we’re working every hour God sends, and have no time with my family.
9. I should have been born in Scotland, I feel like I’m going home whenever I go there. It’s a feeling I get nowhere else in the world!
10. I love all the people I’ve met through this blog. I consider some of them true true friends.
11. I would love a VW Camper Van. I’d gut it and refit it myself. I wouldn’t want to sleep in it, I don’t DO camping, but would love to use it for road trips, picnics on the beach and general fun.
So, the blogs I am nominating (I’ve no idea of their number of followers, sorry):
And you, ladies, have to answer the following (if you choose to take part of course):
1. What’s your favourite meal of the day, and what would be your perfect variation of that meal?
2. Aside from your children, partner and pets, what one thing would you take from your house if you woke in the night to find it was on fire?
3. Where do you prefer to do your main food shop and why? Is it the price, the pretzels or the people-watching?
4. If you only had £5.00 left in your food budget for the month and you needed to make it stretch to 3 more meals for 4 people how would you do this?
5. What’s your perfect date night?
6. If you could change one thing about your life, what, if anything, would it be?
7. Chocolate or crisps?
8. What item of clothing would you not be seen dead wearing?
9. Facebook or Twitter and why?
10. Do you have a recurring dream or nightmare and what do you think it means?
11. If money were no object and you could do just one thing for yourself what would it be?
So, there you go. Don’t forget to let me know if you have a go, and if you’re not tagged but still want to join in please feel free. Have fun!